Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Unexpected Changes

My efforts to start a new blog got a little sidetracked very unexpectedly.  It's not a bad thing.  My grandson is never a bad thing!  You see I am now watching him a few days a week, while his parents work.  It's hard to get things done when you have a three year old around sometimes.  I certainly can't paint the cabinets while he's here.  I just don't want to ignore the little guy. And we are potty training.

I have managed to get a few things done other than that though.  He allows me to work on my new favorite craft while he plays with play doh.  I have made two image transfer projects.






I made things that I like, but will list them on etsy.  If I sell something I can always make another.  My sweet husband has been making the wood panels for me.  I love the rustic look.  So the picture in my mind is of the rooster picture on my kitchen wall.  It will be a grouping with a black shelf that displays my egg sign and a wire basket with ceramic eggs in it.  Ummm I still have to paint that shelf.

Oh and speaking of eggs!  We made these this week!

I don't recommend this method with the paste type food coloring.  We pretty much rubbed it directly onto the eggs because you could hardly see anything on the eggs after we took them out of the shaving cream.

Grammy should have taken some precautions before we started this project.

Sorry Mom!


After learning our lesson the hard way...

We suited up!

And TADA! The masterpiece!

Just pretend you don't see the wires and the plastic stuff that is supposed to be attached to the wall to hide the wires!  This place needs some TLC in the decorating department.  I just keep telling myself it doesn't matter.  Ummm...don't sweat the small stuff?  Sounds good to me!

I'm really hoping to change my ways.  Someday!



No comments:

Post a Comment